Volunteer for us!
The School of EECS Alumni Society has a number of committees that you can join! All committees conduct business through conference calls and email so you don’t have to live in Centre County to be involved.
· Building Community (social media); Allen Puy, chair
· Events; Cathy Schultz, chair
· Membership and Practitioner surveys; Rich Prewitt, chair
· Leadership; Andy Berger, chair
· Professional Exchange (Silicon Happy Valley); Eric Foreman, chair
· Awards and Recognition; Dale Hoffman, chair
· Student Outreach and Engagement; Julia Erdley, chair
· Mentoring; Scott Ackerman, chair
· Alumni Outreach and Engagement; Bob Nagy, chair
· Women in Engineering; Beth Gemmell, chair
To join a committee or request more information, please contact Cathy Schultz, CLS118@psu.edu
Board members are elected to a three year term. Watch for the next call for nominations this spring!
- Resumania: Held in conjunction with Penn State's Career Fair each fall, Resumania provides students with access to alumni who can review resumes and provide valuable career guidance.
- PSEAS Faculty/Staff Awards: Help PSEAS in the annual selection process to recognize outstanding teachers, advisers, researchers, and support staff in the College of Engineering.
- Penn State Regional Rube Goldberg Machine Contest: Held in February, this annual "Olympics of Complexity" challenges students to move beyond traditional problem solving. Alumni volunteers are needed to help with judging, timekeeping, program distribution, and other tasks.
For more information on how to get involved, contact Jennifer Theiss, Director of Alumni Relations, at email@example.com or 814-863-3384.