Deadlines and how to apply
Deadlines for graduate programs:
Fall Admissions: The application and all supporting documents must be received by December 15th for those interested in electrical engineering and January 5 for those interested in computer science and engineering.
To be considered for financial aid for the fall semester, applications must be complete (all documents received) by January 5 for the following fall semester.
The deadline for the one-year CSE master's of engineering program is April 30.
The Graduate School online application requires the following to be uploaded:
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
Submit scores to "Penn State University" using institution code 2660. These scores must be reported through ETS. Penn State does not accept copies.
- Official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) scores or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores. International applicants must take and submit official scores for either the TOEFL or the IELTS with a minimum score of 80 and 19 or more on the speaking section.
Submit TOEFL scores to "Penn State University" using institution code 2660. These scores must be reported through ETS. Penn State does not accept copies
Submit official IELTS scores by requesting the testing agency to send a hard copy directly to:
The Pennsylvania State University
Graduate Enrollment Services
114 Kern Building
University Park, PA 16802
Order test scores early; they may take up to one month to arrive.
- Applicants may edit or check the status of an existing application on the Graduate School website.
- Admissions decisions are made via email.
- Complete information on application requirements can be found on the Graduate School's prospective student's page.
If you have specific questions about admission to the School of EECS programs, please contact SherryDawn Jackson for electrical engineering or Jennifer Houser for Computer Science and Engineering.